Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Pier Fishing trip

I did something I haven't done in over a year - I went to a public pier to fish. As a kid, I did most of my ocean fishing from NC's ocean piers. Since then I have often visited them from time to time but less often in recent years.

I went to Surf City Ocean Pier yesterday evening after work and fished till about 10PM. High tide was around 8PM with a full moon tug. I caught some small bluefish and a few pinfish. I tried targeting some pompano with sand fleas but had no takers. While the fishing was somewhat slow, the company was good. I meet several nice people from different areas and had some great conversations.

By the way, the pier is in great shape and seems well maintained. They have a great tackle shop and grill too! Surf City Pier

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home