Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fishing Trip - October 26th

Took the afternoon off today and headed off shore. The weather was wonderful! Sunny, very light breeze, 1-2 foot seas! The weather is suppose to get real nasty tommorow and Sat, so I wanted to get a quick trip in before then.

I was by myself (all my friends had to work) and only had a few hours. I ran out to an area off Topsail called the river bed (a large, general area running NE/SW). It has some really nice ledges about 15 miles from the inlet. I caught a mess of black bass, biggest was 18 inches (kept two of the biggest), 2 gag grouper - 26 & 30 inches (kept them of course) and a bunch of Grunts (kept a few of the biggest). Only one shark! All caught on live and dead cigar minnows.

I had a float rig out with a huge live mullet on it hoping a king would pass by for lunch. No takers though.

Not bad for a quick afternoon run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home