Saturday, August 25, 2007

Flounder time

I went out on Atlantic Lake today. It's also called Onslow Bay but as flat as it was this morning you would have thought it was a lake or something. The weather man called for 3-4 footers with 10K winds but I left the inlet at 6:30 and was met by 2 footers (and that's a stretch) that were on about 10 second intervals - in other words - very calm. It stayed that way till noon except for periods of NO wind when the ocean would shine like a mirror. After noon the wind did pick up a bit to about 10 knots but still was nice. Anyway - enough on the weather.

I wasn't sure if I was going today until last night so I wasn't able to get a crew on short notice. So I decided to work some of the near shore ledges by myself. I caught a zillion black bass all but about 20 of them under the 12" limit. I keep the 6 biggest, all over 14". I also caught 4 keeper flounder and a few smaller ones. Of course I caught a bunch of small/medium size sharks and a truck load of ringtails, lizard fish and other nuisance creatures. Not a bad day for the middle of the "dog days of summer". Fall fishing is right around the corner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home