Saturday, January 14, 2006

GPS

I own a Garmin GPSMAP 178C and have been satisified with it. Then I decided to try the Blue Charts with it. As I already owned the Flashcard reader/burner and I wanted to manage the maps and waypoints with my computer, I went with the CD-Rom version instead of the chip. Wow - it is wonderful. I easily imported my waypoints, tracks and routes that I had previousely stored and now I have good maps to visualize them on. You need to be careful with them though, they are not 100% acurate as the shoals and sand move around esp. when a storm passes through.

Then I discovered that I could export my data to Google Map - Wow - now that is powerful. Of course I can't get the Google images into my GPS unit but still, it is very useful.

I love technology, esp. those that help me enjoy my hobbies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home