Saturday, July 22, 2006

Fishing Trip - July 22, 2006

The wife and I decided to go tent camping on Hugh Taft Island (between Lea and Figure 8 islands) last night. It was very windy but we had a great time. I surf cast last night but didn't have much luck, a small shark and a ray. I got up early this morning, fixed coffee, pancakes and bacon, then shoved off to fish for a few hours while the wife went to the beach.

The drum bite was on! I boated a total of 10 drum in less than 2 hours. All in the 19 -25 inch range. I had 3 pulled hooks near the boat too. And all on my little speck rig, think I may have to check those drag washers..... It was a blast! I caught them on the marsh banks using Gulp! 3" pogies in the new penny color. Finally quit and went flounder fishing cause my arm was tired..... Caught two of those, a 17" and a 16".

Here's a sampling of the pictures:







We also got a kick out of watching our dog Star play with a crab. The crab didn't seem interested in getting away at all, it stayed to defend its territory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home