Sunday, August 06, 2006

Fishing trip - August 5, 2006

Well mother nature teased us with a great start to the day on Saturday, the first calm ocean SATURDAY in quite a while. Unfortuntely it didn't last past mid-morning. It never got what I would call sporty, just a little sloppy when the winds shifted to come from the east and increased to about 12-13 knots. Increased & shifted swells made the ride back in wet and bumpy.

But enough about the weather - how bout them fish. There were a lot of nice King Mackerel's caught yeaterday, some up to 35 pounds. Most of the big ones I saw or heard about were from near the beach although I saw some nice 18-25 pounders caught in the 12-20 mile range. Unfortunetly I didn't catch a king yesterday. I had one knockdown and a couple of fish sky near our spread but not even one hook-up of a king. I did however catch a very nice Spanish mackerel (on my king gear). He was just under citation size which is 6 pounds.

Overall a nice day to be fishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home