Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Bonito Report


We finally got a break in the marine weather forecast so I decided to try and find some bonito. I left the dock 30 minuetes before sunrise and headed for a spot off Topsail Beach. I decided to troll two Yozuri deep divers at about a 9mph clip and watch the screen for bait and fish.

I tried the first spot for about 30 minutes with no luck. I moved out and north a few miles to another spot and deployed the deep divers again.

Wham! within 5 minutes I had a double hook up. Being alone I decided to set the hook on both and leave one in the rod holder with the engine in gear at idle speed. I reeled in the first line landing a nice 4 pound Bonito! Okay now for the second line but I was half expecting the fish to be gone. To my surprise he was still on! Another 4+ pound Bonito.

I trolled that spot for another hour. Nothing. tried another spot nothing. Decided to call it a morning as I had some work to do and now I had some fish for supper!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home