Thursday, March 08, 2007

Quick trip

I couldn't stand it any longer - had to go fishing. I checked yesterday and still no shad and the lock & dam so I stayed close to home and fished for some reds near Figure Eight Island. I found a big school of red drum, maybe 75 or more fish. Everytime I would cast in their vicinity, a few would rush over and take a look at the bait, even nudge it occasdionally. But no takers. I tried every bait I could muster - Gulp, slurp, top dogs, shad raps, rattle traps, even some live mud minnows. Nothing, nada.

After I put the boat away, I ran up to the Food Lion for some groceries. As I was getting out of my truck, some one called my name. Expecting to see a familiar face I turn and saw..... Joe. I didn't know him, he reads this blog, lives in Hampstead and recognized me from my pictures on the site. It was very nice to met you Joe! Thanks for saying hello and introducing yourself.

It was nice day to get out and enjoy the water even without a bite. There's always....... the next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home