Friday, December 29, 2006

Trip report - Dec 29, 2006

Another beautiful December day. The seas were a bit choppier and the swells closer together today but very reasonable for a 20 minute boat ride. I headed out to the first set of box cars (AR362) to do a little flounder fishing.

I found a spot that looked like it was holding fish and anchored up. I dropped down a 1 1/2 ounce white/chart bucktail tipped with strip bait and began bouncing the jig off the bottom. Soon I had my first taker, a 17 inch flounder. I proceeded to catch five more, two under 14 inches, two right at 14 inches and a 15 incher. I kept the 15 & 17 inch models..lol. I also caught a few black bass and kept the biggest - a 15 incher.



All in all, not a bad catch for a quick 2 hour winter trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home