Friday, November 10, 2006

Skunked - well almost

The weather forecast looked so good, I took the day off to go fishing. The weatherman got it right. Sunny, warm, 1-2 seas and less than 10 knot winds. Beautiful. The only thing missing was the King Mackerel.

Two of my fishing club buddies went out as well. The three boats all were on the way before 7AM this morning. We went to the first set of box cars adn jigged up some bait. There wasn't much bait around so we headed to the third set. There we found some bait but it wasn't real thick.

We started trolling around 8am and trolled till about 12:30 - We moved spots several times fishing Emery Ledge, 14 mile rock and getting as far out as 200/200 and SE rock. One of the boats had a couple knock downs. The other boat as well as myself caught a shark. No Kings.

Finally I had had enough trolling and left them heading northwest. I went about 5 miles to do some bottom fishing. I tried that great spot my buddy told me about and I fished with great success a few weeks ago. I put a chum bag on the bottom and dropped baits down to the ledge.

One shark and a few small black sea bass. Very slow fishing today.

I headed in about 3pm and hit a few speckeled trout spots on the way. I caught a couple between 12 & 14 inches which I released. But at least I got the skunk off the boat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home