Saturday, September 29, 2007

Spots

The question I get most often this time of year from folks is "are the spots biting yet?". The answer is yes. they have been catching them on the pier, sometimes two at a time when the wind is favorable. This week they started catching them in the ICW near Topsail Creek, slow bite there but its a starts.

On a related note, I made my annual pilgrimage to the NC Spot Festival. It's exactly one mile from my house. Traffic is usually backed up but I can walk there since they moved it from the Topsail HS grounds last year. The spots seemed a little small this year and they definitely cut back on the fries and hush puppies (at least on the 2 dinners I bought late in the day). They were good though. They are open for business tomorrow too. Just come down hwy 17, you can't miss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home