Friday, September 08, 2006

Recent Fishing trips

This past labor day week-end I fished several days and then last night I went fishing on Surf City Ocean Pier. Even though we received a lot of rain from Ernesto, the fishing has been pretty good, espicially in and near shore. I think think the east winds had a lot to do with shutting down the off shore bite last week.

On Saturday we hooked up on some small kings adn a nice Spanish but the trolling was very slow so we switched to bottom fishing and caught some nice grunts and black sea bass at Dallas rocks. On Monday we trolled near the beaches with no action so we headed further out where we managed to get one knock down and one hook-up of a small king.

Then we headed for Dallas rocks. We had a nice king on the hook and almost to the boat when a barracuda struck and took half the fish. He then came back for the other half and got hooked up. A 45 minute fight pursued before my buddy Mark landed him.

Last night I went to the SCP. The fishing action was steady. I saw some nice catches of pompano, blues, flounder, black drum and one undersize puppy drum. I caught pompano and a 2.1 pound flounder.

This week-end looks promising. Grab your rod and go fish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home